Large groups :
- Alstom (rail transport: TGV)
- Solvay (chemicals)
- Léa Nature (organic and natural products)
- Dufour Yachts and Fountaine Pajot (nautical sites)
Sector of excellence :
- Eco activity and sustainable building
- Biotechnology and health nutrition
The Atlantic port :
- 6th largest French Maritime port
- 1st French port for the import of forest products and paper pulp.
- 2nd French port for the export of cereals.
- The Port of La Rochelle currently generates nearly one billion euros in added value per year and more than 16,400 direct, indirect and induced jobs.
Cruise ship stopovers
- 30,000 cruise passengers in 2018.
Port of Minimes
- 1st European marina with 5,000 berths on 70 hectares.
Chef de Baie fishing port
- 80 fishing vessels from the local fleet and 90 fishing vessels from the external fleet.
- 800 direct and indirect jobs generated by the fishing activity.